I gathered my ingredients first.
My original plan was to use the breadcrumbs I had in my cupboard. Once I opened them, I realized there wasn't much left in the can. I decided to make my own breadcrumbs.
After I cut up the chicken tenders into bite sized chicken nugget pieces, I cracked an egg into a bowl, and stirred it up a bit.
It ended up being a little chicken assembly line! First dip the chicken into the egg...
They were a big hit with my girl, though! She can be SO picky, I was dreading even giving them to her, in case she rejected them. But she loved them! I was so glad. And as a mom, it felt so good to be giving her something made from fresh, wholesome, mostly organic food!
This took a little time to do, but the end result was so worth it!
Homemade Chicken Nuggets:
Seasonings of choice
1. Rinse chicken tenders, cut into bite size or nugget sized pieces.
2. Crack egg into bowl, stir with fork.
3. Put breadcrumbs into bowl, add seasonings and mix.
4. Put Panko breadcrumbs into separate bowl.
5. Dip chicken into egg, into breadcrumbs, and then into Panko.
6. Lay on cookie sheet.
7. Put cookie sheet into freezer for an hour or two, then transfer to freezer bags and put back into freezer.
When ready to eat, put nuggets onto baking sheet into a preheated 350 degree oven for around 20 minutes. Nuggets are done when white all the way thru the middle.